segunda-feira, 22 de agosto de 2011

Meet my little friends...

Have you ever made amigurumi?

 According to the Wikipedia, Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, andnuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.

The funny thing is, amigo means friend in Portuguese, so I prefer calling them little stuffed friends.


Meet Ducky and Shelly.. Shelly is my son's (he loves turtles... even lopsided ones like this :) ) and Ducky is mine, for the time being... 


See how little these guys really are?


Angie is even tinier. My friend Natacha was upset a while back and she said her guardian angel must have been on a leave... so I made her Angie to carry around with her and to remind her that her guardian angel is always around.


And this is Mr.Pinpin. The first time little A took him to school he said he had a request for me... 7 more penguins for this schoolmates! 

Amigurumi are fast and fun to make. Just another fun way to use up little scraps of yarn... But there are much larger ones that can be wonderful friends too, like Marilyn's Bunnie Fu Fu and her lovely friends :)

Have a wonderful week!
xxx  

7 comentários:

  1. Oh how cute! I made a little ami bear a while ago, then started on a rabbit, but it's white and the stitches are tight and I was struggling, so it is just half a rabbit's head... must get it out and finish it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I have never made them, but they are very cute, and funny.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Your little are absolutely adorable. I made larger bears many years ago, gave them names and wrote poems to go with them, but gave them all away and don't even know how I did them since I didn't follow a pattern. Obviously, my creative juices were flowing more freely at that time. :) Hope your day is great. Tammy

    ResponderEliminar
  4. So cute .....something totally different than to crochet a granny or blanket ...

    Love
    Marjo

    ResponderEliminar
  5. These are really cute! I admire you, I usually don't have the patience to make them :) where did you find the pattern for Mr. Penguin? He's too cute to resist :)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Oh dear, I've missed a few of your posts. So sorry! I have made Ami and LOVE doing it! Very rewarding, instant gratification! Your works are adorable! I have some snowmen that I will share as the holidays get closer...I've had a lot of fun with them! And dressing them! There are so many possibilities with these little friends! Annette

    ResponderEliminar

It's always great to read your comments! :) Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Pin It